It can be very difficult to find a decent circular saw blade for metal, right? That’s why in this metal cutting circular saw blades review article; we are going to list out some of the best metal cutting saw blades that are currently leading the market. All these blades are perfect for cutting metal and any other tough material.
So, let’s get started!
What Is Metal Cutting Circular Saw?
It is a type of power driven saw which includes a circular blade that revolves around its axis to cut metal or metal-mixed materials. It contains guard to protect you from the spinning blade while working.
It also has on and off trigger switch and a specialized nut to hold the blade in place. A metal cutting circular saw works at a lower speed than the wood cutting saws as it doesn’t exceed the recommended speed for cutting metals.
You’ll not get a precise expected result while cutting metal if you use regular saws instead of metal cutting circular saws (That are impressive).
Moreover, we have also designed a comparison table between these saw blades.
There are a number of good metal cutting circular saw blades on the market. However, most of them are expensive. On the other hand, choosing a cheap circular saw blade is also not an efficient option.
That’s why we have picked up five best circular saw blade for metal thats won’t cost a fortune!
All of these blades listed below is a combination of quality and performance at a low price range.
So, if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole article, you can give a quick glance at the table and pick one in no time.
Here are the Top five metal cutting circular saw blades review including their specifications, features, what we liked, and what we didn’t like:
- IRWIN Metal-Cutting Circular Saw Blade
- Oshlun SBNF-140100 TCG Saw Blade
- Evolution Power Tools 14BLADEST Steel Cutting Saw Blade
- Evolution 230BLADESS Stainless Steel Cutting Saw Blade
- DEWALT DWA7747 Heavy Gauge Metal Cutting Saw Blade
Let’s See in Details about metal cutting circular saw blades review:
You can use the IRWIN Circular Saw Blade for all of your metal cutting purposes. The metal cutting carbide trips that are used in this blade are highly durable and specialized for a smooth and rapid cut.
These particular blades are designed in such a way that they can last for a longer time and withstand various impacts as well as damages. The blade is stabilized well for smooth and precise cuts and is provided with an effective design that prevents after cut dust and sparks.
Let’s take a look at the features:
- This blade is kept cool or under acceptable temperature by providing anti-vibration vents along with it. It is made of laser-cut, which ensures smooth and accurate cuts.
- It comes with carbide teeth that are suitable for cutting metal. The teeth can also tolerate any impacts and can reduce wear. As a result, you can enjoy a longer blade life!
- It cuts the material rather than pulverizing it like grinding wheels. So the finishing is way smoother and much more appealing.
- IRWIN Metal-Cutting Circular Saw Blade also lasts longer than coarse wheels. Consequently, this feature lowers your cost at a significant rate!
- Works well with acrylic, metal roofing sheets, cement backer board and many other types of materials. Also, it doesn’t damage
- Comparatively cheaper and more effective than most other circular saw blades.
- Provides smoother and safer cut.
- Doesn’t get dull after a few uses.
- Remains sharp and clean even after rough use.
- Doesn’t grind while cutting materials. So, the cuts are precise.
- Lasts longer than other circular saw blades.
- Doesn’t get worn down easily
We Didn’t Like:
- A bit noisy while operating.
- You’ll need to wear protective gears when cutting metals with it
This circular saw blade creates sparks while cutting. It is recommended to avoid using this blade in dry areas.
If you are looking for a cheap yet decent circular saw blade, then IRWIN Metal-Cutting Circular Saw Blade will be a good option for you. It aims to provide the best user experience and offers high-quality service for a long time.
Oshlun SBNF-140100 TCG metal cutting circular saw blade is non-ferrous and designed with a triple chip tooth configuration. For better experience, it is also provided with precision ground micro gain tungsten carbide tips.
This precisely and specially formulated carbide is long-lasting and robust. So if you are looking for a circular saw blade that will save you money in the long run, this one can be the best option for you.
This metal cutting circular saw blade provides smooth and efficient cuts in all types of non-ferrous metals such as aluminum, brass, copper, bronze and even plastics too! Interesting, isn’t it? It has also a noise reduction technology!
Let’s take a look about what else this non-ferrous metal cutting circular saw blade offers:
- You’ll get professional grade C-1 carbide with Oshlun SBNF-140100 TCG blade. This carbide makes accurate ground micro grain tungsten tips and allows the blade to last longer. It also helps to keep the blade fresh and clean.
- Thanks to the C-1 carbide, it provides noise free cuts in almost all types of non-ferrous metals.
- For reducing noise and vibration, the blade is also provided with copper plugged expansion slots which are usually 10 inches or can be larger.
- For controlled heat operation, the blade comes with heat vent which is usually 7-1/4 inches long.
- It has a triple chip tooth layout which ensures a more efficient cut.
- Compatible to most of the metal cutting saws.
- Cuts effortlessly without any burning.
- Preferable for a smooth cut of aluminum.
- This blade is of reasonable price.
- Delivers no kickback while cutting.
- Leaves no residue of non-ferrous metal like aluminum powder after cutting.
- Produces less commotion.
- Provides cooler operation
We Didn’t Like:
- Jiggles a bit while using wax stick lubricant to cut through a standard sized aluminum sheet.
You’ll have to be very careful while using this blade. Always use proper clamping device. It is also recommended to use a coolant while cutting non-ferrous metals. Never apply this blade to cut ferrous metals as it can cause serious damage to the blade.
So, if you are looking for a blade that can cut any non-ferrous metals easily, you can definitely give Oshlun SBNF-140100 TCG a try!
If you are looking for a circular saw blade that can cut mild steel materials, then you can choose Evolution Power Tools 14BLADEST Steel Cutting Saw Blade.
This saw blade is designed for delivering maximum performance by having the highest grade carbide, robust blade bodies, and ultra– high-grade grazing method.
If you want to cut materials like a square tube, angle iron, mild steel plate, pipe, tube, and other ferrous metals then you can choose this blade without any doubt.
Evolution blades are faster than traditional coarse blades. Within just 12 seconds, this blade can cut through 6 inchesof0.25-inch thick mild steel plate!
Let’s have look about what this circular saw blade offers:
- It comes with the highest grade carbide and hardened blade body which increases the performance hundred
- It also has an ultra-high grade brazing technique which provides better performance than most other circular saw blades.
- It is designed for using with evolution saws or other low RPM saws.
- It has 66 carbide teeth and 94-inch kerf.
- The blade features 1-inch Arbor Size.
- Its cutting diameter is 14 inch and weighs 3.5 pounds.
- Cuts with very little heat.
- It produces a fine finishing while cutting mild steel metals.
- Allows metal cuts to be handled quickly avoiding to wait for the metal to cool down
- Produces very little sparks and doesn’t tend to flex during a cut.
- Ensures accuracy and precision.
- Doesn’t wear down quickly.
- Doesn’t require significant pressure by the user while working.
- Shows no symptom of dulling even after numerous cuts.
We Didn’t Like:
- Only applicable for a few types of metals so you can use it limitedly.
- Can show stickiness for some particular type of metals or their specific alloys.
Make sure you know how to place the steel stock in the clamp otherwise it can damage the affectivity of the saw blade.
You are also recommended to wear protective gears as this blade can get hot and risky while operating. Also, the blade is not recommended for anything too heavy.
This Evolution Power Tools Steel Cutting Saw Blade draws most of the customer’s attention through its design and performance! You can definitely give this blade a shot if the price fits your budget.
This is another circular saw blade from the brand Evolution Power Tools. The most amazing thing about this blade is, it can cut through stainless steel precisely!
This Evolution 230BLADESS Stainless Steel Cutting Saw Blade is applicable for cutting stainless steel made square tubes, angle iron, stainless steel plate, diamond plate, pipe and tube.
Let’s take a look at the features this blade offers:
- Made and designed for cutting stainless steels.
- Recommended for using with evolution metal cutting circular saws or other low RPM saws.
- Rotation speed comes with 3000RPM.
- Assembled diameter is 9 inch.
- It has 60 teeth with carbide tipped blade.
- Kerf is 0.07 and 0.63 inch
- Comes up with 1-inch arbor
- You may also use this blade for cutting mild steel.
- Can be used as a replacement for
- Cuts steels faster and smoother than most other standard blades and also requires less effort.
- 4 times better cutting than abrasive wheels.
- Rated for heavy-duty and industrial applications.
- High-Quality construction designed for portability.
- Produce no heat, burr, or sparks.
- Saves time and money.
We Didn’t Like:
- Can get dull if you use it for cutting heavy non-recommended metals. Also, this circular saw blade requires sharpening.
Don’t try and feed these blades through stock, otherwise, it will ruin them.
So, if you want to cut industrial grade stainless steel in a cooler, burr-free, faster, smoother, and safer way then this Evolution Power Tools Stainless Steel Cutting Saw Blade should be your perfect choice!
DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial tools and accessories which include drills, saws, hammers, saw blades, abrasives screw, driving accessories and more.
If you are looking for a metal cutting circular saw blade to cut ferrous metal, then DEWALT DWA7747 can be a good choice for you. This multi-cutter saw can be even used for tough metals.
Let’s take a look at its features:
- This blade has 70 teeth which are capable of cutting an average of 1200 cuts in most of the materials while rotating at 1800rpm.
- It is designed in such a way that it let the user enhance the sharpness of the tooth for an improved and efficient cut which also ensures longer blade life.
- It is provided with 12% titanium carbide.
- It also features expansion slots to ensure cooler operation by dissipating heat.
- For ensuring exceptional durability it offers the customer’s a tri-foil braze that increase the robustness of each tooth’s tip.
- To ensure clean cut this metal cutting blade is also provided with triple chip tooth grind, which also gives burr free operation.
- Backed by a one-year warranty.
- Features ATB modified geometry which provides residue-free
- This circular saw blade features 1–inch arbor
- Outstanding user-friendly
- Lasts for a long time.
- Cheaper than most other types of ferrous metal cutting blades on the market.
- Provides clean and cooler operation.
- Provides excellent quality as well as durability.
- Doesn’t show any flex or wavering.
- Doesn’t show grinding after the cut.
- Can be the best replacement for abrasive wheels.
We Didn’t Like:
- This circular saw blade is not applicable to stainless steels
- Can require sharpening after heavy use.
You mustn’t use this blade with an abrasive machine because the wheels can be too fast. You should also avoid using it on hardened shaft otherwise you may reduce the blade life. It is also not recommended to apply overpressure to the blade. Moreover, never install this blade in a porter cable machine.
The main limitation of DEWALT DWA7747 is you can’t use it for cutting stainless steels. If you are okay with it, then this circular saw blade will surely be a great choice for you. It offers much more features than abrasive wheels at a reasonable price range.
How to Buy the Best Metal Cutting Circular Saw Blade?
As I have said before, buying a decent metal cutting circular saw blade can be tough. Without proper guidelines, it can be almost impossible.
There are several factors that you need to pay attention to while buying a metal cutting circular saw blade. While choosing the blade you have to pay much attention to its compatibility with the saws and for which metal it can be used.
Here we are covering the basic factors that you need to check for buying the best metal cutting circular saw blade:
This is one of the most vital factors for choosing the best circular saw blade. You need to choose the right size of blade depending on your requirement, preferences and the type of project you are going to work on.
First, compare the blade diameter and ensure that it is compatible with your saw.
Then check the size of the arbor hole (The hole at the center of the blade) which must fit the shaft of the saw. There are many blades with an arbor hole including a removable piece by a knock that allows the blade to fit on diamond-shaped saws.
- The blade should be easy to clean and maintain.
- Before buying, make sure it requires less sharpening over time.
- Also, check if it is easy to take out or remove the blade from the saw.
A good blade will not require much maintenance. Furthermore, you won’t have to go through the hassle of sharpening it every time you want to use it.
Some metal cutting blades are more advanced than others. You should choose those blades that are more versatile and can cut a variety of materials including wood, plastic as well as ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
If you just want a blade for working on projects involving metal-cutting, then make sure the blade you are getting is suitable for metal-cutting. Choosing a wood cutting blade for working on metals will just be a waste of time and money.
So, be careful while choosing blade types and consider the materials that you are using. First be sure it fits your saw. Check out the maximum RPM rating of the blade to make sure it is compatible with the saw you are going to use. For your convenience here we have discussed different types of blades:
- High-speed steel blades are suitable for cutting tougher metals such as steels. They are firmer than normal blades as well as stay sharper for a longer time.
- As the name suggests, Carbide- tipped blades come with high-quality carbide tips. They are a bit expensive but last longer than high-speed steel blades.
- Tile-Cutting blades are particularly made for working with only ceramic tiles. Most of these blades are diamond tipped.
- For cutting brick cinder block, concrete, and other kinds of masonry materials, Masonry blades are perfect. These blades are made of abrasive materials which are perfect for this kind of tasks.
You should also check out the accuracy of the blade before making the final decision. The accuracy determines the precision of your cuts. The more accuracy your blade has, the better it is.
We have come to an end of our best metal cutting circular saw blades review guide. We picked all the saw blades mentioned in this guide after thorough research and numerous testing. So, all these saw blades will provide you much more value than they cost.
We have also included a buying guide that will help you choose the best circular saw blade among hundreds of average products. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comment box below! We’ll get to you as soon as possible!
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What type of steels is used to make metal cutting circular saw blades?
Answer: Normally metal cutting blades are made of HSS (M2 high-speed steel) or just carbon. It depends on the manufacturer. There are also blades made of carbon steel and brazed bits are M2.
Question: Can someone cut mild steel using a cold circular saw blade?
Answer: Yes! One can cut mild steel using cold saw blades as they are designed to cut ferrous metals.
Question: What are the required tools to sharpen a metal cutting circular saw blade?
Answer: There are many types of sharpening tools available on the market. Some specialized tools for sharpening saw blades are speed crop saw blade sharpener, JIG sharpener, grit carbide etc.